Monday, April 12, 2021

Design Wall Monday 4.12.2021

I'm still looking in bins for rows for the next QOV.

Here's what I found...



 When I sewed the top row of LeMoyne stars together, the middle star was off by a good 1/2 inch. It was even too much of a difference for me! So I was trying to figure out which other stars to make. I've been wanting to try the D9P Stars, so I thought I would give that a try. I also wanted to try another ribbon star.


pattern credit: Ribbon Star by Seasoned Homemaker

Now this block was a bit lumpy where all the hst's came together. When I looked at it I saw, a square in a square, flying geese and plain corner blocks. I thought I would try that...Unfortunately I ran out of dark blue and I misread my instruction sheet. Yea, I'm not liking this either.


So I turned to my trusty bag of 6.5 inch squares. This is where this row quilt currently stands. I might change the order around but I'm not sure yet...


pattern credit:    top row: D9P Stars by We Quilt Together
                            second row: barn stars
                            third row: Starflower
                            fourth row: wonky stars (there are many tutorials out on the web)
                            fifth row: star

Linking up with: Judy at Design Wall Monday

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You found more stars! Isn't that strange how one of the LeMoyne stars was so different in size? Did someone else make it? Love your last grouping!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your star quilt is looking amazing, Pat. I not only love star blocks but love anything patriotic. I was so much fun reading the get to know me questions in your last post too. Congrats on your nomination for outstanding blogging award- how exciting. Have a very lovely week and happy quilting.