Monday, April 5, 2021

Design Wall Monday 4.5.2021

 Debby Brown's April Color Block pattern Cheer was released on the 1st. I decided to cut into my white and beige with red and blue highlights fabric stash to make the 16 patches. When I first saw the gallery picture, I thought, 'Half square triangles on point setting'. Yup! That's what the way the pattern is written. When I saw the black and white mock up page, I thought, 'could I use my Deb Tucker Square Squared Ruler'? You know, sew the corners opposite colors (in this case) to achieve the same look....

Here are my strips, by the way, I cut twice as many as I needed. oops...


Here are the blocks that I completed.


I received this Deb Tucker Square Squared ruler set a few years ago for Christmas. I was pretty excited to unwrap it and try it out!!!


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What? Wait, you just tease us with what you are going to do? Darn, I was looking forward to seeing a finished block. You could always make a bigger quilt with the extras. Have fun this week.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, it's going to be a fun quilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such pretty fabrics you are using. Happy quilting and have a great week.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I've become a bit of a ruler addict in the last year. Thanks for the heads up about this; I'll have to add it my shopping cart in the next shopping trip. =)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your 16 patch blocks are so cute!!! Twice as many? Been there, done that! Twice as many quilts!

Judy Hansen said...

I like the blocks just as they are. Put a very neutral sashing in between them and they will be a lovely little quilt. But I think you have more in mind since you showed us the ruler. We shall have to wait and see.
Hugs, Judy