Monday, April 26, 2021

Design Wall Monday 4.26.2021

 After my second Covid vaccine on Friday, I decided to sew a little. I have a bunch of RWB (plus gold and grey) 2.5 inch strips leftover from previous projects. Plus as I come to the end of yardage, I cut into either 2.5 or 3.5 inch strips, depending in the amount of leftover. I then throw, er, place on one side of the cutting table. Sew...I thought that the sewing of end to end 2.5 inch strips would be a great mindless activity. Sew...any strip that was more than 10 inches and less than 40 inches would be sewn together in one continuous strip like the jelly roll race. I had in mind that I could use the strip for this quilt here or maybe either one of the quilts here . I'll probably wait until the FB QOV Working Stars announce the next block challenge to tackle this particular project. I guess I over estimated my leftovers...LOL. It took me longer to roll 'my jelly roll' than to sew it!


Saturday, I finished rolling the above roll and called it a day. 

I was in Covid vaccine fog...

Sunday, I thought I would try sewing a bit. I had put my latest lender/ender project on the wall and thought just sew, sew for a bit and it would be a flimsy.


Well, I spent more time ripping than sewing. I manage to sew the first row all wrong and had to switch blocks around. Ugh...so much for trying to space out the many gingerbread boys/girls in this one! After I finally got the top portion done, I called it a day.


Soon, I'll take another run at it!

pattern credit: Cynthia Brunz's scrap-palooza zig zag quilt

Not too much planned in the sewing room as later in the week, we are headed north to meet up with our daughter. She officially graduates from Northern Michigan University! We left a few large items in her NMU apartment when we moved her to Milwaukee in February so it's time to clean out the NMU space. I think it's going to be bittersweet. At times, it feels like a fast four years but at others, it seems to have dragged. She has already moved onto the next chapter in her life! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a big roll! many quilts in that one!

apat2