Friday, April 23, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 4.23.2021

 and it's a finish! 

I'm really surprised at how quickly these row quilts go. I guess when I'm only make 5 or 6 blocks of one kind then I don't get bored and drag out the process! LOL I finished the sashing yesterday and loaded it onto the long arm and did a quick meander last night. This morning was the binding before our second Moderna vaccine shot. I've totally cleared my schedule...expecting the worse but hoping for the best!



pattern credit:        top row: snowballed novelty squares, 6.5 cut novelties and 3 in cut corners
                                second row: wonky meets floating stars (one of my favorites!)
                                third row: twister block
                                fourth row: scrappy trips around the world
                                                        Alycia's here and Bonnie Hunter's here
                                fifth row: farmer's daughter
                                sixth row: flying geese pinwheel

panto credit: large scribbles


Doing our share for herd immunity. The vaccination site didn't seem as busy today as it was with our first 
shot. That's DH in the corner...I don't think he knew I took the picture! and they were out of the stickers...

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another great quilt finish, Pat! It looks like it could be a fun way to use orphan blocks, too. Here's hoping you two didn't suffer from side effects from your 2nd shot! DS1 got his yesterday and is having a rough day today. :o((

Sherrill said...

It's unreal how fast you crank out those QOV's! Love this one and not getting bored is most definitely key! LOL I had both of my shots in Jan. so, if a booster is needed, I may be getting close to the 6 mo. mark.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful finish!! GOod luck with your shot!!

KatieQ said...

This quilt has a great mix of blocks. I never would have thought of adding a row of Trip Around the World blocks. I actually never thought of making a row quilt, but your last few posts have really inspired me. I particularly like the way you showed how you figure out the placement of the blocks on your design wall. Thanks for sharing the process.