Friday, April 16, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 4.16.2021

Well, I  missed WIP Wednesday...I'm bad, but not from the lack of progress in the sewing room.

By Wednesday,

I had my next star row quilt assembled. I have challenged myself to use the fabric I have for sashing and borders. So while not the best match, it uses more of the stash. I'm sad to say that I used all the good navy...

Thursday (4.15.2021) was my day on the longarm! Guess what got quilted ?!



pattern credit:      top row: D9P stars from We Quilt Together
                            second row: barn stars
                            third row: Quilter's Cache Starflower
                            fourth row: wonky meets floating star
                            fifth row: Sawtooth Star with novelty center

panto credit: square spiral

I have to say that I am enjoying the row quilts. It's a chance to try different blocks yet not commit to a whole quilt or like 20 blocks! I even have another row quilt in the works...

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your row quilts are working out so well! I like the way you offset these rows of stars. Do you have your own longarm? Evidently the LQS where I bought my sewing machine offers classes for using their longarm. I think I'd like to do that!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a pretty patriotic row quilt. I am itching to work on a patriotic quilt too. Have a lovely weekend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so cool!! The quilting is awesome!!

KatieQ said...

I really like your row star quilts. Thanks for posting the links for the patterns you used. There are lots of great star tutorials on the web, but there always seem to be more to discover. I love the way the quilting flows around the stars.