Thursday, September 24, 2026

WIP Wednesday 9.24.2026

I was going to make one lap size purple rail fence quilt but the top looked a little plain to me so I decided to add a chuck of novelty fabric that I didn't want to cut up. The imspiration for this setting is from my fellow guild member Sylvia. Sylvia is about 85, if she's a day and loves to make string blocks. She places the string blocks where I placed the rail fence in these two quilt tops. One has cats and the other dogs.


 

pattern: rail fence: public domain 
                strips cut at 6.5 inches, sewn along long edge and sub cut into 6.5 
                inch units
            setting: Sylvia inspiration


2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Great use of the blocks and fabric!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Great idea to add that fabric! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/23/wednesday-wait-loss-503