Monday, February 18, 2019

Design Wall Monday 2.18.2019

As I was putting away my Valentine's decorations, I realized that I didn't have a little quilt for the family room wall for Saint Patrick's Day! Only one way to remedy that! Off to the computer and then the sewing room.

Lately, I've been intrigued by the pixel quilts. I learned that PhotoShop has a function that changes pictures to pixels. Unfortunately, I don't own PhotoShop and don't plan on buying it anytime soon. Cross stitch patterns are also closely related to pixels and one could use a cross stitch pattern as a pixel quilt map. Another source for pixel maps are Perle bead patterns!

This is what I found on Pinterest.



I decided just to make the hat and not the leprechaun. LOL
I did add a few pinwheels-not my favorite but I do like the look!



Here it is finished and hanging in the family room for the next month!



















Linking up with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

1 comment:

Kim said...

Such a fun, fun quilt in the making. This pretty will be perfect for St Patrick's day....to be sure, to be sure...sorry. =) How clever of you to use a cross stitch design. I look forward to seeing your lovely little quilt when finished.