Monday, December 20, 2021

Design Wall Monday 12.20.2021

and where have I been?

Well, I've been attending to neglected health issues. I went to the eye doctor and needed new glasses. I went for my annual physical to get a re-up on my chronic meds. While there, I showed my doctor a sore spot on my right calf. Since there is pain, I have an ultrasound scheduled this week to get a better look at the lump. I also discovered that DH only Christmas shopped for ONE child! That left ONE child with no gifts...guess who is trying to pick up the slack? Along with planning, shopping and hosting three parties...yikes! 

Very little sewing to end 2021 but here's what I have...

...I took the lining of the 'mondo bag' that I thought was wrong and figured out the diagonal sewing. So, I made it into a sewing bag for me! Did I tell you that I've been wrapping gifts as I buy them?! This empty gift wrap tube worked out as a pretty good bag holder! LOL


pattern credit: Mondo bag - using a panel instead of pieced fabric

I also cut for a few (like 24!) Christmas placemats. I was a little distressed as I was for sure, I brought Santa fabric but I could not find it! I did go to JAF to buy more...

That brings y'all up-to-date...

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

3 comments:

Sherrill said...

Hope you get good results from the ultrasound! I'd send DH back out shopping for the other kid..HA! You have enough goin' on. THREE PARTIES--what were you thinking?! LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hope all is well with the utrasound!
and how funny - one child with and one without.....

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The doctor appointments are never fun, but they are necessary. Hope you figure out what's going on with your leg. Wrapping as soon as you bring the gift home is such a good idea! That's a great bag, and love the Santa fabric, too. Merry Christmas, Pat!