Monday, December 27, 2021

Design Wall Monday 12.27.2021

Merry Belated Christmas, Friends!

My Executive Chef contracted Covid the Monday before Christmas and went into quarantine. That meant I was instantly promoted to the upper position in the kitchen for my three parties...oh boy! Luckily I had many different family members at all parties that pitched in to help. I only had one 'simmer down' moment and a few forgotten items from the buffet. All in all, I'm pretty happy about the parties! Now I have 42 weeks before the worry starts again with Thanksgiving 2022! Time to sew and quilt again!!!

Last week I did eek in a little sew time. I made 9 inch 9 patches, the start of another quilt. 😍


I happy to say that I did indeed find the lost quilt for the Gift Exchange! The lucky draw was from my second brother. He promptly unwrapped it, wrapped himself in it and spun around!


Unlucky for him, the next person in the draw stole it...no picture as my nephew immediately gave it to his GF. This party was her first with the family, so I was trying to be respectful. LOL

pattern credit: Debby Brown's Back to the Garden in RWB

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Happy Holidays, Pat. I hope everyone in your household is doing well. We have snow here in Seattle, and temps that are quite cold here for us.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no on the executive chef and Covid! Hope he is doing okay. You were very gracious about the quilt gift at your party - I bet your nephew's girlfriend loves it. I do love your pretty blue 9 patches!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sounds like you had a very lovely Christmas. The quilt is gorgeous and what a fabulous gift to a have in the exchange. Your 9 patches are looking wonderful. The are always fun to make. Happy quilting.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh no - being promoted like that is not always a good thing!! Poor Executive chef!!! I might have just threatened to serve pizza!
and wow!!! what a gift - and I hope that gf stays around a while - thats an impressive first Christmas with the family!!