Wednesday, July 12, 2023

WIP Wednesday 7.12.2023

I made a few stars then added borders to the star panel.  But...I didn't like it. 

So, out came the seam ripper and off with the side panel borders. 

Much better.

Next in the process are the ribbons. I made the ribbon rows to finish at 4 inches. There are 14 squares in the ribbon row and two rows per ribbon. 14 x 4 = 56, 56 is a good number for a QOV width, right? The ribbons look a little oversized to me but I was in too deep. There was NO turning back!


Now I am running out of the blue background. It was part of a kit I received and there is no buying more of that fabric. I went to the closet to 'see' what would work. I found a blue with white stars I liked but, you guessed right...not enough. I did find another blue with more white stars and I had enough to make the outer borders and binding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!


This is not a favorite of mine but I'm happy I made it. The ribbons stretched my creativity and that's a good thing.




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see how this one evolved, Pat! The ribbons look great! Even if it's not your favorite, someone is really going to love this quilt.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty quilt! I like the ribbon and need to try it on one of my panels.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like how it turned out.... That ribbn is pretty cool!

Judy S. said...

Looks great to me!

Delighted Hands said...

You've done a superb job on converting this panel to to a quilt top!! Hooray!