Wednesday, July 19, 2023

WIP Wednesday 7.19.2023

The USA Gnomes have taken front and center in the sewing room. I started with this funky blue fabric and used a few white charms as the cornerstones. I had received this blue in a fabric bundle I won online and just couldn't find a place to use it!

I then started alternating the blue and red charms for the next border with white cornerstones. It was going pretty good until I realized that I was going to run out of blue and red charms after this border. Ooops. I should have sprinkled in a few more lights...


This is the size of the Hillside Charm pattern but...it needs to be just a little bigger for Quilts of Valor.


A red border to the rescue...



Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers


2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is fun as can be, Pat! It looks like that blue goes perfectly with the gnomes, and your charm squares, too. A special veteran is going to love that one!

Delighted Hands said...

Utter perfection!!! What a great way to grow a quilt! lol