Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Design Wall Monday...6.11.2024

Oh wait! It's Tuesday and late!

There hasn't been very much on the design wall. I've been gathering and assembling trinkets for the 'Birthday Bash' Guild Challenge Wrap party on Thursday. On the 'to-do' list for Thursday is to quilt down the next guild QOV. I did this on Sunday. I added the top/bottom border so it measured 68 x 80 before quilting.


pattern: Trip Around the World (public domian)
panto; Happy Times

This bundle also included the binding, so I went ahead and pieced it. I then sewed it to the front of the quilt and will pass it along for another 'angel' to sew the binding back.


I was talking to a friend and trying to 'help' with a pattern she wanted to make. Her eyes glazed over when I said that the corners are 'snowballed' or 'corner pops'. So, I volunteered to make a few blocks to show her. You know I would choose to use the RWB stash for my example. I'm going to put red corners on the blue frames but I'm unsure which corners I am going to 'snowball' (or pop!). :) This will eventually measure 50 x 70 before borders.


pattern: I'm using 6.5 inch (cut) centers with 2.5 inch (cut) frames. The corner pops
                (snowballs) are cut 4.5 inch square.

                Blocks are 10.5 inched unfinished.




3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful job on the guild quilt! The new snowballed blocks look fantastic-what a nice tweak to the pattern!

cityquilter grace said...

nice looking quilts....

Judy Hansen said...

Great looking trip around the world quilt. It will make someone very happy. Thanks for sharing.