Friday, June 28, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 6.28.2024

I went off the grid last weekend and then I had a bad case of the 'I DON'T WANNA'S' on Monday.

On Father's Day, my hubby found out that a 35 foot motor coach was for sale. Now, we've been thinking about retirement in 5 years and thought camping might be an option. I think I have camped for a total of 7 days in our 42 years together! In any event, this wonderful motor coach came to our brick and mortar home. Needless to say, my learning curve is steep!


In between getting acquainted with her, I managed to sew a few 2 patches into 4 patches to move my current leader/ender project along. I also needed to clear off thread on about 10 partial bobbins. My totals were 150 red/white 4 patches and 251 blue/white 4 patches.

On Wednesday, I went to my day group...The Howell MelonHeads. I did press all the 4 patches but I think I will need to invest in a board as the wool mat was wet and hot from the pressing. Not a good thing on the plastic table...who knew?! It's time for office elections at the MelonHeads and I definitely have a target on me. LOL

I also picked a pattern for the 3/6 yard fabric that I received from New Hampshire. It's The Wave from Fabric Cafe's Make It Patriotic book.


Here are a few blocks up on the design wall.


It was a t this point, I realized that I didn't have enough fabric to make it as large as the directions states. So I made fewer blocks but kept the borders as described in the pattern.



The size is about 56 x 77 before quilting. I did rationalize that it would be fine as all the fabric is floral in nature. Most likely it will go to a female veteran. Hopefully, on the smaller size.

I did get it quilted and bound yesterday. It's all ready for it's label.


pattern: The Wave from Fabric Cafe's Make It Patriotic book
panto: Happy Times



6 comments:

Jenny said...

Many congratulations on your motorhome purchase. But......you know you will have to make a new quilt for the bed, dont you.

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful QOV. You’ll be traveling in style with the new to you motor home! Congratulations

Judy in Michigan said...

I have never seen that pattern before...it is gorgeous and so simple (??) to make the blocks. Your new RV is beautiful and should be lots of fun in which to "see the USA in your ..."

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a fun new adventure for you and DH! I hope you have a great time. Your patriotic quilt is a great design - I love it!

Vivian said...

Congrats on your RV purchase, I hope there is room for you to quilt on your travels! My DH and I want a small couples trailer and that's the first criteria I consider. Love the Fabric Cafe designs and saw their video recently where they said the featured pattern for this month can be a QOV. However, I looked up the QOVF specs and the lap size of most of the FC patterns are short of the minimum width so would have to be made twin size (two "kits") or at least add a few additional columns of blocks to qualify. An extra half yard or so should do it to bring most of the designs up to size.

Delighted Hands said...

Exciting news about the RV purchase!!!! Think of all of the adventures you are going to have! The newest quilt is a beauty! Nice work!