Friday, July 24, 2026

Finish or NOT Friday 7.24.2026

I've had a very productive week here! 

I've been concentrating on my RSC 2026 quilts. I greatly over estimated the sewing to be done after my blocks were completed, so that is my focus. You will be seeing a few of my quilts in the fall months leading up to the RSC 2026 December reveals.

First, I decided to work with the teal blocks. I finished both the 4 patch block top and the rail fence block top. The 4 patch, I went with the classic checkerboard and sewed a 4.5 inch cut border. I was going to scallop this border but in the end, a straight (and faster!) border won!





pattern: checkerboard using 4 patches (teal and gray cut at 3.5 inches)
panto: serpentine

My second teal quilt is the rail fence. I found a piece of novelty that had teal in it. I originally thought the novelty was camping related but it does look more like school supplies. Guess the backpack fooled me...I just got my son a pack back for hiking/camping. :) 


pattern: rail fence - rails cut at 2.5 inches, sewn long edge together and subcut 
                                    at 6.5 inches. Novelty cut at 6.5 inches square.

I then went to the 'RSC 2026 Holding Area' and pulled out the blue 4 patches. This time I used the bicycle novelty that I hope would go with the teal but they looked better with the blue patches. I finished piecing the top this morning.


I then loaded it on the long arm and was able to quilt and bind it after lunch! 

Whoop! Whoop!


pattern: 4 patches with novelty fabric
                    blue and bray cut at 3.5 inches, novelty cut at 6.5 inches.
panto: large scribbles...don't faint, friends! something other than serpentine...
            
            SHOCKER! ALERT!


No comments: