Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day Guild Workshop

We had a workshop today at the Day Guild. Wendy Rieves from The Creativity Studio was our instructor and she was very generous! Last month, she presented a lecture and trunk show to the day guild about 'Using 6 Inch Squares'. She then let us pick, whatever we were interested in and today she arrived at guild and lead us in the making of our various projects. We had our choice of two different quilts and a blocks techniques class.

I choose the blocks but boy, I must have left my brain at home this morning! I made the bear paw first and this is the second one I made after the first was a totally disaster! It was easier just to start over! Next came the ladybug...I sewed the right side to the middle and then the wrong side...oh boy! I decided to 'leave as is' since it was the technique I was interested in learning. The I proceeded to sew the head the wrong way~impossible you say~I found a way and my seam ripper! :) She also shared a really cool method for couching on the ladybug antennae. By now the class was already half over...a lot of the sewers left and I found it much easier to concentrate. I made both the basket block and the heart block in the last hour. You can't tell from the picture but the handle on the basket is 3 dimensional...very cool! I definitely want to make more of these blocks and perhaps a wall hanging or maybe table toppers... All in all, a fun day sewing at the guild. :)

Thanks Wendy for sharing with the Day Guild!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Silverthimble said...

Cute lady bug block, Pat!