Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stash Report Week #11

I didn't accomplish my one goal this week as I was off on a *sewing tangent*. You see, my niece, who I haven't spoken to in about 20 years, sent me a birth announcement for her second child. Can you see the *tangent* I followed?! yes! I am in the process of making two quilts~one for the baby and one for the older brother. I also found out that a friend of mine is in the hospital~she is expected to be hospitalized for three weeks. So I was thinking about visiting and taking flowers or a plant then I thought, why not a quilt? and another *tangent*! :) I added backing fabric this week for my friend's yet to be pieced quilt.

Here is my report:

Fabric added this week: +4 yards
Fabric added this year: +57 yards

Fabric used this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this year: - 76.5 yards

Net fabric for the year: -19.5 yards

What I accomplished this week:

  • pieced and quilted Mermaid Baby
  • pieced and quilted Cars for Big Brother

Goals for next week:

  • bind Tent Flaps, pattern by Pat Sloan
  • bind Mermaid Baby
  • bind Cars for Big Brother
  • piece, quilt and bind hospital Friendship

I only have another week then Spring will be here. Looks like I will have a few carry-over projects from my Winter list...I guess that is only fitting when one experiences *sewing tangents*!

pass the IBF, please~for all that binding work! :)

6 comments:

Linda C said...

Nothing wrong with tangents when you are being a blessing to others by veering off the list!

Hope you are having a good time while you sew, quilt and think about the ones who will receive the quilts----yeah, even when you work on all that binding too.

SpinningStar said...

All good reasons for getting some quilts done. I am sure they will all enjoy them!

Liz

DeeDee said...

Life is full of surprises - Babies are such a wonderful blessingand I am sure your neice and children will adore their new quilts.

Lori said...

hehe--had to look up that word to see how it applied.

off on/ata tangent, digressing suddenly from one course of action or thought and turning to another

Good luck on all your "tangents"

Amy said...

Your gifts will be much appreciated! Good way to put your fabrics to use.

Anonymous said...

well~you were at least sewing and using some of your fabric :) keep plugging away at it and soon yu will have lots of finishes :)

apat2