Friday, September 6, 2013

Whoop! Whoop! 9.6.2013

I'm making progress on the Library Quilt!  Today I was able to sew the binding down.  The next step will be to make and sew down the hanging sleeve.

I quilted it with a puzzle panto. The label on the panto says, 'LEQ 1/99'.  It was a panto my friend gifted to me when I first got my long arm.


I think it is an out of print Linda Taylor panto.

I especially like how the puzzle pieces frame out the children in the panel.

Here.

and here.

I had a slight miscalculation on the binding.  The math came out to exactly 7 strips but as you can see ~ 7 was a bit short.  An easy fix though!


I'm linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.

Whoop! Whoop!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Love your quilt... the print of kids is so cute and the use of Bow Tie as a border is genius! I'm new here - why is it called Library Quilt?
Hugs3223

Nancy said...

The quilt is great and the panto is perfect!

I always cut one extra binding strip for that very reason. Once I am in the binding rhythm, I don't want any hiccups.