Monday, March 30, 2020

Design Wall Monday 3.30.2020

I was 'gifted' two of these flag panels. Well, 'gifted' is a strong word! The woman at my day guild took all four available and I whined and whined until she shared two, very reluctantly I might add.







You see, she creates QOV's and I intended to make quilts for the local VA Hop-Tel. The Hop-tel serves vets that need back to back medical appointments but it is too far to travel home and back again.The Hop-Tel simply provides a bed and bathrooms and now, quilts for the veterans if they wish. All meal vouchers are redeemed across the street at the VA  Hospital.


I decided to use the pattern based on this quilt I made a few years ago. The flag panel will go in place of the pieced star. This quilt stayed with the Oconomowoc Quilters' Guild as part of their QOV Award Quilts.


The rail fence block is from this quilt. This quilt I made in 2018 as part of the Military Mystery 'The Patriot'  *I'm not sure which clue number it was* *Smile* that was hosted by Alycia of Alycia Quilts. I did send 'The Patriot' to Alycia where she awarded to a Colorado veteran.

Linking up today with:

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


No comments: