Wednesday, March 25, 2020

More Comfort Quilts 3.25.2020

I'm still quilting away with my large scribbles pantograph.

What a great buy that panto was! I think it looks good on all of the comfort quilts no matter what the quilt piecing pattern is...

I think this is Comfort Quilt #5.

The guild had a 2.5 inch bundle of the dark fabric combined with yellow. I added red and green and made pinwheels for the center of this quilt. I felt it needed a little length so I added partial top/bottom rows of flying geese. Next was a light border and then the woodland creatures as an outer border. I was hoping to make this quilt more gender neutral with the addition of the woodland animals.

I used red thread. Not really a fan of the red as it shows on the lighter fabric...lots.


But the back I received dictated either black or red thread...

Soooo...I went with the red...


Linking up with:

Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!! and I love it when a panto is really worth its weight!

Susan said...

Looks great! Can't beat a large stipple for all kinds of quilt tops