Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday 6.11.2021

Not too much happening in the sewing room this past week. 

My FIL had a bad fall into the water at his northern Michigan cottage last Saturday that resulted in emergency orthopedic surgery in Traverse City. My husband went up on Saturday and has been there since helping with first the hospital stay and then with the home care of his Father. Both his parents are in their 80's, so his Mom really can't care for his Dad. 

I've discovered with DH gone, I have free reign in the house. More realistically, I can watch TV anytime I want and play it as loud as I want. DH works from home (and has for about 8 years now) and I never realized that I go downstairs to sew so it will be quiet on the main floor where his work office is located.

In any event, this afternoon I sewed the bottom border onto the red truck panel. I also removed the flying geese on the left and replaced it with background fabric. There is just 'something' I'm not liking about this one. I decided to go ahead and load it onto the long arm and will quilt it up next. Maybe then I'll like it more.


I don't think I ever shared the inspiration for this quilt. Somewhere in Pinterest land, I found this one and took a screen shot of it. Does anyone else do that? Screen shot a picture without documentation? 


I'm going to go ahead and link up to the parties, just so everyone will know what is happening if I don't post in the near future...

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday


4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! Your quilt and the inspiration photo are fantastic ways to expand on a panel. Fabulous work, Pat!! Here's hoping your FIL recovers quickly.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to see the inspiration for what you're doing with the panel! (And yes, I do that screen shot thing when I see a quilt idea I like!) I do often like a quilt better after it's quilted, if I didn't like it so much before. I hope that works for you! Wishing your FIL all the best in his recuperation.

JoAnne said...

Love this panel quilt! I do the screen shot thing too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh I am just loving how it is coming out!!! and right? Isn't it amazing how free you feel? I mean - I love having my husband at home.... but - I kinda like those days when its all mine haha!