Monday, June 28, 2021

Design Wall Monday 6.28.2021

On Saturday I was looking for a project so I could hide in, or rather go to!, the sewing room in the basement.

Thought 1: 

If Debby Brown showed a sneak peak of her July Color Block Quilt Along then I could make a few 16 patches. That didn't happen...yet.

Thought 2: 

If Angela announce the July color prompt for RSC2021, I could get a head start on that project. That didn't happen...yet.

Thought 3: 

If my 'new to me' switch arrived for the long arm in the snail mail then DH could install it and I could quilt my jacket panel. That didn't happen...yet.

Thought 4: 

Start SewPretti's Positivity Quilt Along but I don't have any idea of a color way to make. That didn't happen...yet.

Thought 5: 

I have fabric for Alycia's A12 MysteryQuilts4Military pulled along with each clue printed out as she released them. This I could start...

I made the pieces on Saturday for Clue 1, along with the layout for the block.

I jumped ahead a few clues and made the red/white blocks on Sunday, 20 of these cuties.


pattern credit: Alycia's A12 Dakota Inspired MysteryQuilts4Military.

Alycia has taken down the instructions and usually she offers them for sale in her Etsy shop at a later date. If you want to make her Mysteries in the future there are two ways (that I am aware of) to get the clues/instructions as they are released (for FREE!)

Action 1: 

Give Alycia's blog a follow. You won't regret visiting with Alycia. Alycia Quilts. or

Action 2: Join her Mystery group, MysteryQuilts4Military, here. 

I actually do both!

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like your start on A12. I’ve saved the directions but haven’t planned to start it yet. I keep looking at my red fabrics and nothing would work. Then looking at blue eh! So I chug away on my other projects.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE your thought process!! and love what you decided to make!! its going to be awesome!! (PS thanks for the shoutout )

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you got a good start on something! Hope you don't have to wait too long for those others. I'm curious about the next color for the RSC, too!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your churn dash blocks look lovely, and I can so relate to the impatient waiting to get started on what you’d rather be doing! Good for you, finding something worthwhile to work on in the meantime! I hope your switch shows up soon.

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Pat,
Great churn dash blocks. It’s one of my favorite blocks, and will make a great QofV if that is what it is to become. The red fabric really makes the blocks pop. Looking forward to seeing your progress on all your “thoughts”…….I can so relate, Hugs, Judy