Wednesday, June 2, 2021

WIP Wednesday 6.2.2021

Another week, another panel. Are you tired of my panels?! I have lots more but this will be the last one I work on as I am looking for a break from panel quilting. I actually brought 2 of this panel from FB QOV Working Stars group, I thought I could stretch it over canvas and hang it above my fireplace for a summer picture. Well, it looks more fall/autumn to me so I abandoned that idea and decided to make a quilt.


I thought I would make flags for the upper portion.


The blue portions seemed a bit too flowery, so into the spare QOV bin they went. This is how my bin gets full...


Ahhh...stars in the blue field of the flags are much better for this quilt-to-be.

So far, so good. I am going to offset the stars with background to achieve more length. Now, I thought I wanted tress on either side. This is where I hit a little bump in the road. Our leader is requesting red, white, blue and a touch of gold in these quilts. I'm seeing green along with brown, gold and orange in the trees. Here are my tree part so far.


Always a rebel...

This is as far as I got when I took it off the design wall. I needed the design wall space for another project. (hint: RSC2021! June is Purple)

pattern credit: Flags for Sue
                       flying geese: public domain

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always like seeing what you're doing with the panels! The flying geese are going to make neat trees, and are picking up the colors from the panel, too!

Susan said...

Looking good - I like the geese on the sides