Friday, June 25, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 6.25.2021

 Not too much to report for this week.

I decided to call my Gammill Guy and purchase the main on/off switch for the long arm that broke. My long arm was 'stuck' in the 'on' position so I was just quilting by plugging it in/unplugging it. Well, she started having random power failures...blinking on and off. I seemed to have power on the front handle bars so I replaced the rear handle bar switch. That seemed to work for a few quilts but then she starting blinking off again. So I thought: start with the most obvious fix... Guess what? The part is on back order and no known time frame for shipping. How about a refurbished one? Sign me up...I think with the age of my long arm (15 years), she will have mostly refurbished parts on her as the original parts wear out!

I did manage to finish my panel for my jacket. I laid it out on the floor to 'see' if the parts fit. I remembered to take the picture after I put the template parts away. It's a little busier than I anticipated but used up a whole lot of black fabric! I made it a little large, hoping I will be able to make a purse from the panel too.


pattern credit: Crumb blocks, public domain

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Wow, that’s a great idea! I’m going to be checking in!

Sylvia said...

I like your panel for the jacket.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh this will be cool to watch come together. Hope you find a refurbished part!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I am a BIG fan of quilted jackets! I'll be looking forward to seeing how yours comes together, Pat.