Monday, November 14, 2022

Design Wall Monday 11.14.2022

I finished (mostly) labeling the quilts from my presentation. I figured I just needed to complete the labels and sew them to the backs, so I should do it sooner rather than later. Labeling is one task of quilting that I usually put off...forever in some cases! The tub is full of the quilts with the over flow on top.


The guild is collecting placemats for Meals on Wheels for Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day and Easter. I thought why not pull out the pink crumbs and make a few hearts and turn them into placemats. When i went to the 'parts department', I found no pink crumb blocks! Out came the box of pinks/ reds, which is now mostly pinks!

A few hours later, I had completed a few pink crumb blocks. Each heart takes four crumb blocks, so I have enough for 6 placemats. I learned that it is better for me NOT to use crumbs that are pieced diagonally.

pattern spark: crumb blocks...public domain

Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Can't wait to see those heart placemats. I love anything with hearts!