Friday, November 11, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 11.11.2022


My finish was earlier in the week. I did finish my 'Spare Parts' quilt for my guild trunk show. All the details are found here.


If you haven't been sewing, Pat, WHAT have you been doing?

That's a really good question!!

On Wednesday, I took Baby...my main piecing machine...in for a spa treatment. I've been logging a lot of sewing hours with her and she deserves a little extra TLC.

Thursday was the opening day of the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in town. Lynn asked if I could work the QOV booth, so of course, I said yes! Yesterday was my day. I selected the afternoon shift and Lynn had an Award Ceremony scheduled, oh boy! The main veteran was a no-show but luckily, we met a veteran...MaryLou...who was willing to stay and take part in the Award Ceremony. 

Thank you MaryLou for your service and saving our Award Ceremony!

The photo is a little grainy but it's Lynn on the left, MaryLou and me on the right.




We again asked the attendees to sign Signature Blocks and I came home with another baggie full to combine with the others I already have. Here is a little closer picture of the one I put together with a few of the AQS QuiltWeek Grand Rapids 2022 blocks.

Sharing with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday



2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Looks like a great show! Our local quilt group usually has a show on this weekend, but it seems to not be happening this year. Sigh.

Judy in Michigan said...

What a great post! Love the wordy quilt - one of my favorite kinds of quilts. I am a huge fan of Tanya R. The signature quilt is a great idea for our group. You sure are a great volunteer. Thank you for your service!!!