Saturday, November 26, 2022

SoScrappy Saturday 11.26.2022

Today is the fourth Saturday of November of the month of assembly. 

Time for my 'Missing U' blocks. I really had fun making these blocks through the year but I decided that I like the smaller sections of 'spare parts' rather then the longer lengths that this block used. There is nothing wrong with this block and I love the quilt, I just prefer shorter strips of fabrics in a block.


 pattern credit: Cheryl Arkison's 'Missing U' from Sunday Morning Quilts book

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have had that happen so many times - love making the blocks throughout the year, but not real sure about how the finished quilt will look. Do you have an idea for the layout? I haven't seen the quilt in the book, so not sure how the designer used the blocks. They're sure a pretty bunch of color!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck getting the quilt together, Pat! That pattern is one of my favorites in the book. Granted, I haven't gotten around to sewing any blocks, yet! It will be interesting to see if I feel the same as you do about the size of the pieces.

Bonnie said...

What a great quilt. I am so enamored of these bright colored quilts that get made for the RSC.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice blocks! Sunday Morning Quilts is one of my favorites. I kept checking it out of the library until I found my own copy. I think if I made the blocks I might turn them so the longer strips run width-wise. It will be pretty either way.

grammajudyb said...

As I watched your progress on Missing U, I knew I had to have one. So it's on my list of to-do blocks. I borrowed a copy of Sunday Morning Quilts from a friend. My library used to have the book, but it is not available anymore. I'm not sure why. I really need to bite the bullet and buy myself a copy.