Wednesday, April 12, 2023

WIP Wednesday 4.12.2023

My FB Quilt of Valor Stars group is hosting a raffle for, you guessed it, patriotic quilty prizes. To enter, you either need to send blocks or quilt tops to our administrator. This week, I have been concentrating on making tops to send. (Hence all the stars from my Monday post. LOL)

When I was moving my fabric to higher ground, I was amazed at the number of red, white and blue 2.5 inch strips I had! Just about every time I had RWB on the cutting table, I cut a 2.5 inch strip and boy, did they all pile up.

So far, this is what I have been able to sew together.

*Unfurled by Lisa Sutherland. 

It's a free pattern but I don't know for how much longer. Her website says that she will leave it up until 12.31.2022 but then it will come down. But we are already past her expiration date....


pattern: Unfurled by Lisa Sutherland


It's another free pattern with an expiration date of 12.31.2022

pattern: Scrap Strips and Stars by Lisa Sutherland

I have a few more stars so I'll be making one more to send. It's not a Lisa pattern but very similar to hers. It's kind cool...stay tuned...

Sharing with Susan at MidWeek Makers


5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice - and a fun use of stripes and stars!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I WAS wondering what you were going to do with those stars! They work great as borders for the strippie centers. I especially love Unfurled!

Nann said...

Both are interesting designs. They'd work well in other colorways/genres. I look forward to seeing quilt #3!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wonderful use of RWB strips!!! Two tops--great job, Pat!!!

Marsha Cooper said...

I need to do more with the quilts of valor. I like both of your quilts.