Monday, April 3, 2023

Design Wall Monday 4.3.2023

I set to work on my April Showers/May Flowers quilt and puzzled it together. I did this before...one part of the quilt (the tulips) are base 5 inches and the other (the raindrops) is base 3 inches. I had orginally hope to have a few raindrops mixing in with the tulips but in the end, I just kept everything square.


 I added a few borders to bring it closer to 90 x 90. I like to try to make the inner portion about 60 x 60 on my bed quilts as the borders help me to line up the quilt on my bed. <grin>


pattern: Cloud and rain adapted from Rain Showers by Villa Rosa Designs


                Tulips from Totally Tulips from Missouri Star Quilt Company


3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so pretty! I love the raindrops combined with the tulips. Perfect for the saying and great plan for making it fit your bed, too!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a pretty quilt!!

Kim said...

Very pretty and unique!