Wednesday, April 26, 2023

WIP Wednesday 4.26.2023

 I started making the migrating flying geese but I think, something is wrong with my math!



My flying geese are 4.5 x 2.5 (cut) and with the spacers to get the migrating effect, they are 2.5 x 8.5 inches. So the borders are a whopping 16 inches together! If I add the outer border, the quilt will be about 67 x 76. That's a major oops I my part. Looks like I didn't need to add the little red side border. It's 4 inches and that is about how much I am too wide--for my liking. Live and learn, I am not ripping it out! In fact, after much debate (with myself!) I went ahead and added the outer border of migrating geese.


pattern credit: I found a picture on Pinterest here. 
                       I was struggling with the directions, so I decided to make migrating 
                        geese.





I'll add another red border but I ran out of time before I had to switch gears. I usually sew my binding on at 3/8 inches and I will be guaranteed to 'hide' all those goose points!





6 comments:

Sherrill said...

I've been looking at those migrating geese for one of the panels I have. Yours looks GREAT!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've always wondered how those migrating geese were made - they have such a neat look to them! Your panel quilt is turning out beautifully with this design, Pat!

Melva said...

Those migrating geese are a second favorite to my beloved log cabins. What a beautiful quilt. :) I invite you to join the Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps. Your entry would be an inspiration to others. <3

Bonnie said...

Your quilt looks great. You've got a lot of interesting elements so I wouldn't worry about borders being too big. It all works especially the red border. Excellent job!

Vicki in MN said...

I think it looks great!

Susan said...

Looks great! Glad you went for the larger size.