Friday, April 21, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 4.21.2023

I have a finish!

I was struggling with the number (and colors!) for my Crayon Orphan Block quilt. As I was trolling Pinterest I saw this quilt and it's like the light dawned. I could set the crayons vertical rather than horizontal. The result would be a 'square-er' quilt. Both the local Red Cross and the Catholic Church where my guild meets, would like a stash of 'baby quilts'. So this will be donated through my guild.


Every so often, it's time to sew batting pieces together. I had a quick 'Fraken-batt' session for this quilt. It is a great candidate for 'Fraken-batt' as the size it more manageable and the colors are mostly darker. I would hate for the batting seam to show through the quilt.


The finished quilt.



pattern inspiration: found on Pinterest here. It's only a picture with no link.
panto: puzzle from LEQ
            
Since I'm entering it into the guild Orphan Block Challenge, I wanted to use a seldom used pantograph.





3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Great idea for a child's quilt and a good use of your scraps and batting pieces. Keep on stitching Pat!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those crayon blocks make such a cute quilt! I like how you set them. I have those crayons on my list to try - they look like such a fun way to use up little strips!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just too cute!!!
I think you are one of the quickest quilt makers I know!! I LOVE it!!