Monday, September 4, 2023

Design Wall Monday 9.4.2023

Happy Labor Day Monday! It's a holiday here in the US, so enjoy however you spend your day! Me? I'll be in the sewing room after a quick trip around the house with the vacuum...lol


 I have a mish-mash of sewing related items I have worked on. Seems like sometimes it takes me forever to settle on sewing the smaller projects...

First up: I made 105 QOV Signature blocks. Helen from Casual Quilters donated the perfect white for the centers of the blocks. Last year at AQS QuiltWeek Grand Rapids, we averaged about 100 blocks signed per day! It is a 4 day show!


pattern: Lynn (our leader) cuts the strips at 3 inches each. When sewn together it 
                makes an 8 inch unfinished block.

Second up: I cut and pieced a pillowcase for Uncle Dan's quilt. I always tend to put off making pillowcases. They really are not hard but just not a favorite.


pattern: hot dog pillowcase

Third and last up: I made a cover for my small travel iron. It has a couple layers of Insul-Brite batting so it should be okay to unplug, cool a bit and then go. I first tried a fabric string but oh boy, I just couldn't feed that through the casing. Next, I tried a bit of clothesline. That was better but didn't fit the cord keeper I had brought. Sometime today, I'll stop in the craft store and pick up some paracord as that is what is called for in the pattern.





pattern: Man Sewing's  travel iron cozy: YouTube



3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a neat little cover for your travel iron! Are you getting ready to take it somewhere? Glad you're caught up on your small projects!

Delighted Hands said...

Great accomplishments! I love the new teal look on the blog!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you have some nice quilts in the making! That little bag for your iron is very clever. Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.