Saturday, September 9, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 9.9.2023

Today is the second Saturday of September of the color teal/aqua.

Time for my house and hut. We are closing in on the end of this scrappy year, so it's time to start thinking about finishing the 2023 projects and new projects for RSC2024!

Here is my teal house. Hey look! There is a little red fox hiding in my house!



pattern: Debby Brown's Little Pink Houses

Here is my hut. Oh no! My hut must be in the flood zone as there is a turtle swimming around. :)

pattern: A miscut oops that turned into 'something' I liked.

Alycia posted awhile back about making a Batik Blue top. Alycia blogged about it here. I had made one similar years ago but Alycia wrote that hers was from a jelly roll. I blogged about my finished quilt here. So I decided to give it a go. The block on the left is made with 3.5 (cut) inch strips, the two on the right are made with 2.5 inch (cut) strips. This might be a fun block to make in the RSC2024...

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.



8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your house and hut are so cute! When I saw the thumbnail on the link, I wondered who would be peeking out of the window today. I like those new blocks, too. Are they cut from strip sets and then sewn back together?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

It is always a treat to see who will be peeking out from your huts.

Jenny said...

You must have quite a collection of huts and houses now.

Delighted Hands said...

Excellent addition to your house collection!!!! The turtle is a newly hatched one heading toward the water by the moon! lol I think it would be a great idea to make those blocks for next year's RSC!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cute aqua blocks! Question: It looks like the fox is holding something like a sign with writing. Is it? If so, I just have to know, What does the fox say?? (My grandkids would like to know, too.)

Mari said...

Love the houses and can't wait to see them all together into a couple of nice neighborhoods. The block for next year looks intriguing. I wonder how it's made? It would make a great multicolor quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG, Pat! Is that not the cutest Beach Hut block ever? LOVE it in AQUA!!

Judy S. said...

Love that little red fox! Will there be something hiding in the rest of the blocks?