Saturday, July 25, 2026

SoScrappy Saturday 7.25.2026

Today is the fourth Saturday of July of the color teal. I decided to finish out the month with a few Meals-on-Wheels place mats. I talked with 'our leader' and she said that whole cloth place mats were fine. So...i went to Hobby Lobby planning on purchasing one fabric yet a different one followed me home! The humming birds have a very summery feel to me! I also decided to a facing instead of a traditional binding. 

*Note to self: remember to add in the facing seam allowance!


pattern: I simply quilted 'large scribble' over the two yards of humming birds and cut to size.

Sharing with SoScrappy Saturday.

8 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Great idea for the placemats!!!! They are very pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those placemats are going to make recipients very happy, Pat!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was sewing with hummingbirds this week, too! Your print is lovely, Pat - it made really pretty placemats.

Jenny said...

Arent tget pretty! That's a good idea to quilt the fabric in one piece, then cut to size.

Cathy said...

The placemats are so cute! I love that fabric!

Nann said...

So pretty. Sometimes we overcomplicate our projects.

Carolyn said...

The hummingbirds are perfect! The Meals on Wheels recipients will love them.

grammajudyb said...

Very pretty hummingbird fabric. Lovely placemats for your organization.