Monday, August 3, 2020

Design Wall Monday 8.3.2020

My next project I wanted to tackle is my 6.5 inch square novelty box. 

I know that I shared some fabric with the Wisconsin guild and no doubt, a few followed me to my new home. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a few that had been framed with 2.5 inch strips.


pattern inspiration: Happy Blocks for Maine
                                I adjusted my cuts to accommodate the 6.5 inch centers

I also found a few that had frames sewn on an angle.


                                (one source that I googled)

Looks  like I found my next couple of projects. :)

Linking up today with:


and 



3 comments:

AnnieO said...

Visiting from DWM--love the blocks on the angle idea. Have fun!

Bonnie said...

I've always called those squares Happy Blocks from reading about them on MaryQuilts.com. I know she is active with the group from Maine. And, yep, I've got Sharyn Craig's book too. I like how the twisted blocks look. Hum, I wonder what it would look like if you alternated twisted and straight on blocks? Fun times ahead for you!

chrisknits said...

I want fabric to follow me home!!!! LOL