Friday, September 24, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 9.24.2021

Well, my Whoop! this week is that my husband survived a motorcycle accident Sunday late afternoon while I was on Mackinac Island. Five broken ribs, two fractured vertebras, punctured lunch sac, badly skinned knees (aka road rash) and a severely bruised left hand. A light colored SUV pulled out in front of him, cut him off and he had lay both himself and the bike down at 50 mph. So blessed that he always wears the best protective gear he can find!


I'll be doning my nurse's assistant hat again and be his hands and feet. He is actually taking charge of his own recovery! 


I have a few sewing 'things' I managed before Mackinac and I'll show those in a few days. I don't expect to be spending much time in my sewing space in the near future....

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop!Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday...

....just to get this information out in blogland, so y'all don't worry about me...

and one quilty picture just because this is a quilty blog...keep on quilting friends as I am enjoying seeing what y'all are working on!



10 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Thankful that your hubby is alright. Wishing him a quick recovery.

Jay said...

Holy cats that must have been terrifying for you both! Is that an exoskeleton jacket he wears? My son wears a suit like that, but my heart is still in my mouth whenever he heads out on his bike.

stitchinpenny said...

What a great whoop whoop. You have more work to finish it up but great so far.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, but oh good! (If you know what I mean!) Those fractured ribs and vertebrae sound painful. I hope the recuperation doesn't take too long. Take care of both of you!

chrisknits said...

Oh my goodness. I pray for recovery for him and peace of heart for you. And what a lovely quilt!!

Sherrill said...

OMG!! So glad he's kinda OK. People just do not watch close enough for motorcycles. And driving like idiots while not watching!! UGH! Hope he'll be back to 100% soon.

JoAnne said...

So glad your hubby is OK. Hope he recovers quickly!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Goodness, Pat, I'm glad to hear you hubby wasn't more severely injured in the accident!! We'll be thinking of you two and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Bonnie said...

Yowser! He did an excellent job of laying down the bike and himself. Too bad he has so many injuries. Better the injuries he got than the alternative. Hope you have a hand project you can work on while "entertaining" him and hope he heals quickly.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

A quilty photo to keep it quilty haha - that may keep you sane! oh the worry about him!!! I am so glad he is safe - and I pray he recovers FAST!!! Poor guy!