Wednesday, September 29, 2021

WIP Wednesday 9.29.2021

 The plan for the mis-cut jelly roll variation is to unpick the stitching every 5 rows or 10.5 inches. I did this during our football watching marathon.


Next I pressed and cut 2.5 inch sections. I'm going to modify Wood Chips from Riley Blake.  I am going to use the pieced strip in place of the plain strip of fabric.


Since I have a variety of light and dark in each 2.5 inch strip, I decided to go with grays as my background. Here's where I left off yesterday. I'm out of the light gray so I will need to sub in another light gray and move some blocks around to balance. 


pattern credit: Riley Blake Wood Chips

I'm actually kinda liking it, it has a calming effect on me. I was hoping for it to be a QOV but with all the gray...it just might not make the grade. Time will tell...

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really really like it!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Brilliant idea! I like the gray background, too. There is probably a veteran out there who would love this color combo!