Monday, September 27, 2021

Design Wall Monday 9.27.2021

Well, Saturday September 18, 2021 was National Sew a Jelly Roll Day. Since I was going to be out of town, I thought I would try a variation of a jell roll quilt that has been intriguing me, it's the center part. This is a Lisa Sutherland quilt that is no longer available for purchase. She is putting together a QOV Pattern book from her webpage, Quilt Jubilee. I'll be buying her book once it hits the internet! I think she might still have a few free patterns available for download.


                        I don't know the name of this pattern. :(

I pulled out my mega jelly roll I had sewn together with my leftover 2.5 inch strips. Measured 1600 inches minus 18 inches (1582 inches) and starting sewing on my merry way.


My finished panel.


I found directions on a FB page and I followed those. I won't post them here because this is where 'things' headed south. I did the math, un-sewed the required strips then sliced. ummm...that didn't work.


I've been thinking about this. I think that the panel needs to be square before slicing. It also need to be divisible by 2 evenly. For example: 48 x 48 would work since 48 divide by 2 = 24. Which will give you 24 rows of 2 inch strips. 50 x 50 wouldn't work because 50 divided by 2 = 25. An uneven number of 2 inch strips...my panel was 50 inches across and 64 inches down....not good.

I'll be re-visiting this at a later date as I still have a pretty big jelly roll.

In the mean time, I'm working up a plan to use the mis-cut jelly roll panel.

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Well, darn it on the miscutting, because that is a neat design you're trying to come up with! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this one instead!

Bonnie said...

Ugh for all the math and problems. But wow! on the finished top. I've saved several of Julie's patterns but don't know if I'll ever get around to making them.

Judy S. said...

Nice to catch up with you and so sorry to hear of your husband's accident.
Hope he's all healed up by now!