Saturday, September 11, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 9.11.2021

A Solemn Day for sure as our nation reflects on the 20th anniversary of the 911 attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon and the brave passengers that all died in the field in Pennsylvania protecting the White House. I remember exactly where and what I was doing and the eery-ness of the quiet in the skies in the following days. 

When I brought the fabric featured in this quilt, I just liked it. I thought that this would be a nice QOV but somehow, 20 years later...it still lives with me as one of my summer quilts.



pattern credit: Ursala Reikes' Frocklining Frogs
panto credit: popcorn




Today is the second Saturday of September of the month of orange.

Time for my pinwheels as in previous RSC months.


pattern credit: pinwheels with 2.5 x 4.5 inch strip, public domain

Linking up with SoScrappy Saturday

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

The memory of the quiet skies will stick with me, as we lived on a flight path at the time. I remember how strange it felt when planes started flying again three or four days later. I'm not surprised that the quilt stayed with you all this time, Pat. Some quilts just aren't meant to be given away, as we quilters need comfort, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful quilt to commemorate 9-11, Pat! I can see why you would keep it. Your pinwheels look great in orange, too. I think I have some of that darker orange in my stash!

Cathy said...

Wow, that’s a lovely 9-11 commemoration quilt and I don’t blame you for keeping it. I think I’ll add such a quilt to my bucket list!

grammajudyb said...

I’m with Cathy! A commemorative quilt needs to be on my bucket list too! Yours is lovely!

Jenny said...

Yes, we all remember that terrible day, even us so far away on the other side of the world. Nes Zealand is a day ahead timewise, and we woke up to see those awful images on TV.

maggie fellow said...

i can't believe it has been 20 years - it seems more recent. Great oranges

Susie H said...

The pinwheels look great. Nice choice of orange fabrics!

Dimas Mahendra said...

NICE BLOG!
Thanks

Dimas Mahendra