Friday, September 3, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 9.3.2021

I continued sewing the border pieces together. I did trim the copping border to fit the pieced border.


I felt it still needed a little something and I have two pieces left from the garage sale. One will be the backing with a little creativity and the other is the outer border and binding.


It's about 60 x 80 before quilting.

What, dear quilting friends, do you suggest as a quilting motif? I'm thinking about buying a new pantograph for this one as I don't have anything I think will work on this one. I am leaning towards the gold thread so the design will fade into the gold borders and pop in the other areas. I'm all ears!!

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's really neat! I agree, it needed that darker border around the outside! I'm always so impressed at how you get started on a quilt project and just go, go, go until it's done!

Mari said...

Very nice! If you want a panto, I would go with something swirly, kind of windy-looking. Lots of movement!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What an interesting border treatment, Pat. Best of luck with panto choice and thread color! If I was a panto quilter, I might be tempted to try a Ginkgo leaf design.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is awesome!! that border makes it look like a japanese garden - with stepping stones and all

Do you have an Oriental panto? or Hummingbirds?