Friday, October 1, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 10.1.2021

A few weeks ago (maybe a month now) on Facebook, I saw a post about Quilted Hearts. The idea is to make a quilted heart and leave it somewhere for someone to find! 

Here is the website: I Found a Quilted Heart.

I knew I was going to Mackinac Island and thought DD and I might leave a few hearts around the Island. I brought some turtle fabric along with some dragonfly fabric and decided to try my hand at free motion quilting. 

Here is my turtle panel. 


Here are a few I made. I had envisioned having this awesome photo shot on the Island but I totally forgot.

So hanging on the design wall this morning it is.


I kept forgetting about the hearts to hang but we did remember to hang one at
"the Crack in the Island". Thanks to DD for hanging the heart and snapping the picture.


Guess what? It was found and reported...Whoop! Whoop! 

Read about the family that found this Turtle Quilted Heart here. The Mom posted both on the FB page and the I Found a Quilted Heart page.

kinda cool, eh?! Whoop! Whoop! 

A  few more were 'left' on Mackinac Island but I haven't seen any more reported back in. I have been leaving a few around town here...

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

4 comments:

Carol R. said...

I make and 'hide' quilted hearts, too. Of the twelve to fourteen that I've placed around our state, I've found only two posted on IFAQH's page... one was in Mackinaw City and reading the post made my heart swell with happiness.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've seen posts about the quilted hearts, too! Sounds like fun to make and leave them here and there. Yours are pretty, and great fabric! When I first read about them, I intended to make some and leave them places, but I haven't done it yet!

Judy S. said...

What a fun idea! Nice work.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is really cool!! and it was needed at just the perfect time!