Saturday, October 30, 2021

SoScrappy Saturday 10.30.2021

Today is the fifth Friday of October of the color light, bright green! Today is a bonus day!I decided to try my hand at making hearts. I am thinking about hearts as a pattern block for RSC2022. Although, it would be more of a Rainbow Challenge as I was cutting 8.5 inch x WOF to yield 4 heart blocks. I followed the pattern sheet from Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew in the 8 inch size.

I'm actually kinda liking these hearts but I am just a tad on the wonky side...not all my points match. Also a little on the rebel side as I am using the darker greens! 

<wink, wink>


Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy Saturday.

9 comments:

Sara said...

These hearts will make an awesome RSC project. I can picture a whole rainbow of them.

Priest Salami Healing Powers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hearts look great to me, Pat! So pretty in greens. That is the same pattern I used for my crumb hearts and mine are a bit wonky, too. :)

Jenny said...

Pretty green hearts, it's great that you are thinking ahead for RSC projects next year. You've made a head start with those green hearts.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You could always use scraps to build the 8" chunks that you need for making these into Rainbow SCRAP Challenge blocks, Pat. FYI... Some of the blocks I made from that pattern turned out a little wonky, too!

Ivani said...

Beautiful green hearts, Pat.

sue s said...

Wait- is there a regulation size for the RSC? My blocks are only 6.5" and I've been making them for 2 years....But they are scrappy.

Sherrill said...

The hearts are really pretty!! I made a TON last year (?), in black and white, ready to be sewn into a top. It's still waiting.....

Kathy S. said...

The hearts are gorgeous!