Friday, October 8, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 10.8.2021

I decided to go ahead and put Wood Chips on the frame and quilt it. 

Although the long arm only make a good stitch going forward. I'm pretty sure that I need a new encoder for the y-axis as that is where the stitches are undesirable...sometimes short and sometimes long and sometimes barely there. Since DH's accident I'm not sure he could lift the sewing head and at 50 awkward pounds...I'm not going to risk lifting it either.  That encoder is the one that sits under the carriage the head sits on. Any further investigation will wait, probably until the new year. In the meantime, forward sewing it is! and I'm grateful that the long arm is still stitching!

I decided to bind in red as I thought the little pop of color would compliment the overall look. The serpentine quilting looks like the right choice for this design...and forward sewing! Yay! 



pattern credit: Riley Blake's Wood Chips
pant credit: serpentine

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome scrappy quilt with a perfectly lovely quilting design, Pat!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love it! The neutral grays with the bits of color scraps is fresh and fun. Wonderful quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, I love that! The quilting is great for the design, and so is the red binding. Hope DH is getting better each day!

Sherrill said...

I am just always amazed at how much you accomplish. I like your newest..the wavy quilting is perfect. How's hubby coming along? Better than expected, I hope!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Great quilt and interesting pattern that uses small strips of scraps.

grammajudyb said...

I like how you made the inserted strips scrappy! Great idea! The red binding and the quilting were perfect finishing touches!

Deb said...

Love those pops of colour in the shades of grey. Beautiful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That turned out great. Sorry about the machine problems still! I am with you that would be heavy to lift. Make him heal fast ;-)