Wednesday, October 20, 2021

WIP Wednesday 10.20.2021

I'm continuing to work on my FB QOV Working Stars block drive. I decided to frame out the stars with light blue.


I decided to go with the split stars as singles rather than make another, I also didn't have enough of the red or blue in the stash to make more. I also thought it would be easier to build the two split stars to match the binding tool star in length. I went with a white background that has red, blue and silver stars scattered in it.


I need to add a little background to bring the blue friendship stars to width. 

Did you notice? My split stars are now pointing in different directions! LOL

Layout credit:  I saw this on Pinterest but it leads to a dead link.


Block pattern credits:

                1. MSQC Binding Tool Star
                2. Friendship Star
                3. Split Star : I haven't figured out 'how' to link it and to access it on FB you
                     need to be a member of the QOV Stars group...it's in their files. 
                     So...here are pictures of the instructions.



Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That light blue is beautiful to tie everything together! I'm enjoying seeing your progress on this one!

Sherrill said...

Liking it a lot!! Haven’t heard back from Jo.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful work and progress.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THis is looking great!!

Susan said...

Love where this is going! I'm such a sucker for R/W/B!

Bonnie said...

You are doing a great job on this. It's going to be a lovely unique quilt when done.