Wednesday, October 27, 2021

WIP Wednesday 10.27.2021

I wasn't positive about posting the following blocks since they were very challenging for me. The pattern itself was pretty straight forward but I think, the struggle was with the color palette.

First, Kat at Kat & Cat Quilts hosts bi-monthly block drives for her Covered in Love Quilt Ministry. This year CiL was part of the H2H2021 Quilt Drive and I donated a few quilts and made a mental note to try and send blocks. You can read about the September-October 2021 block drive here.  

The block was an uneven 9 patch but with the following color palette.


Here is one set of blocks.


Here is another set of blocks.


I'm not sure why, but this just wasn't working for me. I debated about NOT sending them along but in the end, I DID send them in. If nothing else, my ugly ducklings will help the other blocks to shine. I am looking forward to the next block drive to 'see' if I can make more pleasing blocks...to me, at least!

I continue to long arm in forward motion. Good thing that the serpentine wave looks modern and is 'in' right now. LOL I was quilting down a guild QOV today and with just about every quilt, I look forward to two things.

1. When the floated batting no longer touches the floor! This batting was a little extra crinkling as it is about 6 pieces 'frank-en-batted'.


and 

2. When you are about to roll past the seam in the backing fabric as this is a signal I am half way done.  A little on the silly side, eh?


That's all I got...I seem to be lacking motivation.

On a personal note: one of my cousins, on my Mom's side of the family died earlier this month. She was 83. My brother and his wife flew in from Texas for the funeral so I was able to spend time with 4 out of 5 siblings. I think I am a little melancholy. I knew moving would signal an end to loved ones lives. Easy to say but more difficult in 'real life'. On a happier note, one of my brothers snapped this picture of me and my cousin. He is the oldest and I am the youngest...24 years separate us.



1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So sweet to be with your family, but so emotional as well - hugs!!!
your blocks are very fallish - and once blended I bet will look amazing!!