Monday, October 11, 2021

Design Wall Monday 10.11.2021

When I pulled out the sailboats from the guild tag sale, I noticed about half of the blocks were 'flower-y'. Since I wanted a boy-ish sailboat quilt, I decided to make a few more. 

First, the blocks from the sale. I originally blogged about the sailboats here.


 Next, the sailboats I made. In the baggie was a little bit of the background fabric and directions to make more blocks...thank goodness! I noticed a vine-y flower-y print snuck into my boat hulls. Well...I guess the flower-y just can't be denied. LOL


I think I'll construct this quilt from the bottom up. So I'm off to make some water!

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fitting! to post about sailboats on Columbus Day! 'in 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue...'

apat2

Bonnie said...

That's going to be a really cute quilt. Have fun making water -- choppy water on the lake? Or summer peaceful water?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun! I think the floral boat hull just fits right in. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

AnnieO said...

Cute sailboats! How nice to start off with a few blocks made. Kudos to the quilter that added the directions.