Monday, November 15, 2021

Design Wall Monday 11.15.2021

 Another day and another Squirrel Project in the sewing room!

I have a list of about 10 items to make but wouldn't you know, another Squirrel Project caught my fancy. A friend and fellow guild member recently passed unexpectedly and her family was settling her estate and selling her stash. I purchased this panel and thought I would make some asterisks or snowflakes (mine are wonky... lol) to compliment it.



pattern credit: asterisks from DarcyQuilts (one of many on the web)

My SIL asked if I would make her niece a quilt. Her niece has had a tough medical year with complications from her Crohn's Disease. I happily showed her all my rainbow flimsies, my sailboat and a couple of finished quilts. 

None were working for her. Oh boy....

SIL: she really likes baby blue and cream and her dog Titan and the periodic table symbol of Titanium.
Me: oh, really. ok.
SIL: could you make her something? 
Me: Christmas?
SIL: Whenever you can get to it?
Me: (reading between the lines)
Me: ok. 

I made my brother (her husband) the Billie Lauder's There's a Dog on my Quilt when I first started quilting about 20 years ago. I know I have the pattern...now to locate it. I've moved from Michigan to Texas to Wisconsin and back to Michigan in the years since I made that quilt. Oh boy...


pattern credit: Billie Lauder's There's a Dog on my Quilt...pattern out of print.
                            photo from Pinterest.

5 comments:

Monika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

That panel project will be so cute!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love that Santa panel - especially the shades of green and dark red together! Hope you can find that quilt pattern, too. It's cute!

Julierose said...

What an adorable doggie quilt--just love it hugs, Julierose

kajal sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.