Friday, November 26, 2021

Whoop! Whoop! 11.26.2021

I'm calling the Thanksgiving 2021 a 'winner'! We had a few mishaps but all in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out! DD is a very calming presence in the kitchen for me. At one time when I was nervous she simply whispered, "Mom, I've catered events for 500, the family of 15 is a breeze".

Here she is with the turkey, close to a re-enactment of her brother cooking a turkey almost 10 years ago.


Here is DS.


Now onto quilty content:

Earlier in the week, I sewed miles and miles of binding onto the placemats, by machine front and back. Of course! LOL


I also decided to make a few coiled hot pads. After the first colored green one, I abandoned the fabric and just made the trivets natural. I made as many 'natural' hot pads as I had clothesline rope. If I want to make more, I'll have to source out the 100% cotton clothesline. I do have some with the polyester foam center but I'm not to sure about the polyester and heat transfer.



I must have gotten busy because this is the only picture of the table I have and it's only the dining room table and not the kids' table in the kitchen!


Hope all my US friends are enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend and 

my World friends are enjoying their weekend! 😍

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your placemats look great, Pat! And I love those rope trivets - I'd like to try making those sometime. Is there a certain size of clothesline rope that works best?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How fun to have her in the kitchen with you!!
The placemats turned out awesome!