Monday, December 19, 2022

Design Wall Monday 12.19.2022...

....late edition!

I've been busy with some Christmas-y things but managed to fit a little sewing into my schedule last week.

I started a half square triangle quilt in orange, green and white. I'm trying to re-create this quilt from 2016, blogged here.


Here are my current fabrics and a few blocks already made. I'm using the tube method to create the hst's. I cut my strips at 5 inches. Sew 1/4 inch along the long sides (both to make a tube) and use my handy dandy ruler to cut 6.5 inch hst's. They will finish in the quilt as 6 inches. Find my handy dandy ruler here but there are others on the market, too. I've had this ruler for a long time and just discovered that I like using it for tube method hst's.


Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty color combination! Citrus! I haven't tried the tube method for making lots of HSTs, but I will have to.

Sara said...

That is a fabulous color combo! Wow! I learned that tube method years ago, but had forgotten all about it. It's a quick method.