Friday, December 16, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 12.16.2022

I have one small 'Finish' and one 'NOT Finished' today.

First the finish is the dog bone stocking for Angie. First photo is on the design wall and the second photo is 'in the wild', hung by her Momma's stocking.



 pattern: Sew Very Crafty 'How to make a dog bone stocking' tutorial

My 'NOT finish' is one of my crumb blocks. I had made quite a few of the 'crumble jumble' blocks. I did one set on point and had enough left over for this straight set. AND! I still have 'crumble jumble' blocks leftover! I had used all the purple blocks in the on point set, found here.  So this one is just a tad smaller as I decided not to make more blocks and not to add a border. This one is for me just to show another use of crumb blocks. 

Good thing that the 2023 Guild Challenge is 'Using Your Orphan Blocks'. I seem to be creating more orphans lately. LOL


pattern: Crumble Jumble from Bonnie Hunter's Book: String Frenzy

Sharing with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday


and Sarah at Whoop! Whoop!



4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Cute dog bone stocking! I love your Crumble Jumble blocks, too. It's fun how they make that 4 patch where the blocks come together. I always have plenty of crumbs to stitch with, so need to copy your idea for them in 2023!

Judy S. said...

That dog bone stocking is adorable. How about a photo of its recipient?

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Cute bone stocking! Love the Crumble Jumble blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The dog bone.... it melts my heart - too sweet!!!
and your Not Finished - oh wow - that is going to be cool!