Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday Shenanigans 12.4.2022

Just for fun, I thought I would turn the next quilt on the long arm 180 degrees. This quilt is approximately 60x 80 so I pinned the 80 inch side to the leaders on the frame. This results in the serpentine wave running vertical instead of horizontal. This is actually QOV #40 for the Casual Quilters in 2022 that I have quilted down. It took just a little more thread but finished quicker.



pattern spark: disappearing 9 patch

panto: vertical serpentine

I really like the look of the vertical wave. I'll have to remember to 'go vertical' when I have enough backing fabric to complete quilts this way. <grin>




3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like it - quilting it that way gives it a whole new look!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That does give the design a different look! Did you make this one, or was it made by another member of your group? Looks like maybe a disappearing 4 patch? (Or 9 patch? I can't tell!) It's a pretty one!

SueR said...

Hi Pat, I tried to locate your blog last week but couldn’t and thought you had closed it. Then you showed up this morning on the Oh Scrap link. What a surprise! Your quilt is very bright and cheerful, and the serpentine is a great choice.